1. The Supreme Court has today upheld the decision of the Court of Appeal and the Kogi State Election Petition Tribunal validating the election of Alhaji Yahaya Bello as Governor of Kogi State.
2. Although we disagree with the judgment of the Supreme Court, we have no choice but to accept and respect it.
3. The Supreme Court is the final arbiter on legal issues in Nigeria and as such we are obligated to accept and abide by this decision. Like the Late revered Justice of the Supreme Court – Justice Chukwudifu Akunne Oputa – once said, the Supreme Court is not final because it is infallible. It is infallible because it is final. As such we are bound to respect this decision.
4. We call on our teeming members and supporters in Kogi State to accept this judgment with equanimity. We urge them to be law abiding in all their activities.
5. We will soon begin planning programmes and creating an awareness campaign to ensure that the administration of Alhaji Yahaya Bello, which is known for frittering away the scarce resources of the Kogi people, will not stay a day longer than the period stipulated for its tenure by the Constitution.
6. May God bless Kogi State. May God bless Nigeria
Prince Dayo Adeyeye
National Publicity Secretary